Digital Science Showcase Auckland – Making the Most of Your Research Data
As part of our ‘Showcase’ series we are organising a special event in Auckland to discuss and explore global trends in research data management and the road ahead for New Zealand. The event is aimed at Executives, DVCRs, University Librarians, Research Office Representatives, Administrators, Directors, Repository Managers and anyone else interested in research data management.
The event is taking place at The University of Auckland Business School on Monday 20th April from 9am – 4pm. The day will include talks & interactive group discussions and it will be followed by a canapé and cocktail reception.
At the event you will hear the visions of the changing landscape from the people behind the technologies leading the way:
- Figshare – Alan Hyndman from team figshare
- Symplectic Elements & Dimensions – Daniel Hook from Digital Science
There will also be the following special guest speakers:
- Nick Jones, Director of the New Zealand eScience Infrastructure (NeSI), will discuss the technology platforms that can be developed to enable research excellence.
- Dr. Ross Wilkinson, Executive Director of the Australian National Data Service, will share some of the learnings the ANDS has gathered.
- Penny Carnaby, University Librarian and Professor of Digital Knowledge Systems at Lincoln University, will present on Lincoln Hub and addressing the technical, cultural and social challenges of creating a shared research data infrastructure.
- Steve Knight, Programme Director Preservation Research at the National Library of New Zealand, will discuss New Zealand’s exemplary cyberinfrastructure and national digital library.
If you are interested in attending then register for a free ticket here.
Also in our ‘Showcase’ series is our event in Melbourne on Thursday 16th April, ‘The Future of Digital Research: Innovations in Research Management’. Find out more and register for tickets for that event here.