Digital Science Webinar: The State of Open Data 2018 #DSwebinar
Tune into our latest webinar, “The State of Open Data 2018”, on Wednesday 24th October at 4pm BST / 11am ET. The webinar will delve into the findings from our annual survey of researcher’s attitudes towards data sharing, which continues to bear new insights. We’ll also look at the current trends in the global state of open data, such as the FAIR principles. If you are unable to tune in live, please still register and you’ll be sent the recording.
You will learn about:
- Key findings from the State of Open Data 2018 global researcher survey
- FAIR data principles (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability) and the crucial gap in educating researchers on what is expected of them
- The FAIR future of modern data and tool repositories and the part they can play in advancing science and innovation
- The methods by which we can accelerate data sharing
- Luiz Bonino, GO FAIR
- Grace Baynes, Director, Data and New Product Development, Open Research at Springer Nature
- Alan Hyndman, Marketing Director at Figshare.
- Briony Fane, Metrics Researcher at Digital Science
- Cameron Shepherd, Webinar Moderator, Digital Science
PS. Our full 2018 report comes out on Monday 22nd October to mark Open Access Week.
Previous State of Open Data Reports: