Transforming Research is Coming to George Washington University
Digital Science’s Head of Research Metrics Mike Taylor and co-chair and organiser of the Transforming Research Conference would like to invite you to register to attend this year’s meeting.
This year’s meeting is being held at the George Washington University, Washington DC on the 26th and 27th of September.
Transforming Research is your opportunity to hear from international experts on the future of research practice and policy.
With two days of panels, talks and networking, you’ll return to work better placed to implement the change needed by your institution to develop research further.
Attendees come from academic institutions, publishers, funders, government bodies and more.
This year, the organizing committee, led by Professor Nicholas Vonortas of GWU and Digital Science’s Mike Taylor have highlighted five themes for discussion this year.
- Data governance and open data
- Macro scale research transformation: How government and funders effect change
- Science analytics for portfolio management and opportunity targeting
- Managing the cycle of research planning, portfolio management, and evaluation
- Entrepreneurialism, collaborations and economic impact
Speakers this year include :
- Carlos Henrique de Brito Cruz – FAPESP Scientific Director
- Jerry Sheehan – (National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health)
- Sarah Nusser, (Vice President for Research, Iowa State University and Co-chair, AAU-APLU Panel on Open Science)
- Nafiz N. Karabudak – (Corporate Global Science & Technology Manager, Lockheed Martin Corporation)
- Ryan Zelnio, (Office of Naval Research)
- Marina Volkov, (NIH Office of Evaluation, Performance & Reporting)
- Jeff Alstott, (IARPA)
- Britanny Borg, (Director, Analysis and Evaluation Division, U.S. Small Business Administration)
- Caroline Crisafulli, (OSU NSF ADVANCE- supported REACH Program)
- Evan Michelson, (Program Director at Alfred P. Sloan Foundation)
Registration is available at $260 for both days on http://www.transformingresearch.org/registration/
Just reach out to Mike on email@example.com if you have any questions or suggestions for the event.