Experience Powerful Searching, Richer Data and Enhanced Reporting: Version 2 of the Explorer for Institutions
Our portfolio company Altmetric, today announced the release of version 2 of the Explorer for Institutions platform (EFI), the most significant update since its initial release in 2014.
EFI is an intuitive platform used by faculties, librarians and academics to discover online attention for research. It also enables users to search across the entire Altmetric database and interact with vibrant data visualisations to uncover the engagement, influence and reach of published research from their own institution, as well as that of their peers.
In use already amongst academic, funder, non-profit and governmental organisations around the world, version 2 of EFI provides users with a more efficient interface, outstanding reporting capabilities and advanced search functionality:
- Find research outputs: Use Altmetric’s powerful search engine to search across your institution’s research or explore the Altmetric database of over 7M research outputs.
- Discover Altmetric Insights: Uncover real-time engagement, influence and reach for your institution’s research, and dig in to the data using the new intuitive browsing interface.
- Report on Key Achievements: Incorporate Altmetric data into impact case studies and other reports by utilising our beautiful new data visualisations:
- A beautiful new Attention Summary Chart that provides the ability to identify trends in different attention sources and monitor online engagement over time.
- Attention Highlights showcasing the research that’s getting the most attention.
- An updated Global Breakdown that provides a visual view of the global reach of each research output.
Euan Adie, Founder of Altmetric says of the news,
‘Altmetrics continue to evolve, and we are committed to bringing our users the best possible functionality to help them better navigate the data and demonstrate the reach and influence of academic work. With new ways to search, filter and report on altmetrics, we’re confident that the re-designed platform offers users the best altmetrics experience yet.’
Version 2 of Altmetric EFI is now available and is currently being rolled out to subscribers.
For new subscriptions please contact the Altmetric team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.