Blaze into summer and participate in this great networking opportunity for early stage scientific software start-ups #DSpitchfest.
WHAT IT IS
Pitchfest is an evening of fun where five early stage start-ups will each have five minutes to pitch their concept to an audience of peers and Boston based VC’s, with the winner bagging $1,500 in cash.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
If you are a designer, developer, entrepreneur, thinker, doer, dreamer or all of the above, then this free networking event is great for you! Come and support the start-ups who will be pitching and be part of the audience to vote for the winner – there will be beer, wine and snacks!
- MimirInsights (@mimirinsights)
- Qiword (@qiword_official)
- Cardio Analytics
6pm: Registration Open
6-7pm: Reception (Drinks + Food + Networking)
7pm: Welcome + Logistics
7:05: Pitch Group 1 (4 demos)
7:45 15 mins break
8:00 Pitch Group 2 > (4 demos)
8:40 Audience Voting Time! (10 min break)
9:00 Winners announced!
WHAT’S THE DEAL
- 8 companies
- Panel of Judges
- An audience full of eager voters
- 1 start-up who will receive $1,500 in cash
- 1 “audience choice” winner who will receive four choice tickets to a Fenway Park RedSox game later this summer
- All runners up will receive great swag bags
- And all 8 companies will be automatically entered into the running for the next round of the Digital Science $25,000 Catalyst Grant
- Brian Gilman, Scientist / Entrepreneur
- Alex Hodgson, Software Entrepreneur
- Mari Anne Snow, CEO and Founder, Sophaya
- Adam Margolin, Spectrum Equity
- Steve Scott, Digital Science
HOW TO APPLY TO PITCH
If you’re an early stage start-up focused on software for digitizing any stage of the scientific research process, then apply to be selected as one of five pitchers on July 14th.
To apply to pitch your idea, email email@example.com a proposal of up to 1,500 words including the following:
- A description of the product or innovation
- An explanation of how it would benefit scientific research
- Background information, including competitor information
- A timetable for its development
Shortlisted candidates will be selected for a 5-minute remote/video audition. Five finalists will be invited to pitch on the evening of Tuesday July 14th.
Apply by midnight ET on Tuesday June 30th. Pitchfest then takes place on Tuesday July 14th from 6-8:30 pm.
OUR JUDGING CRITERIA
- Have you provided a clear explanation of the researcher pain point that your solution addresses?
- Is the solution unique and differentiated, and is the business model viable?
- What scale of impact could this solution produce?
- Do you know what it takes to get to market in this space?
June 30 BY MIDNIGHT SUBMIT APPLICATION
July 6 NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE FOR Pitchfest!
(Note: all applicants will be entered into Catalyst Prize contest)
July 14 AT 6-8.30 PM Pitchfest!
(Final presentation must be submitted no later than 5pm ET on July 13th. Arrive by 5:30 at event location for instructions and set up. By participating you agree to having your pitch recorded)