Webinar: Nanotechnology – moving research from the lab bench to the market shelf
Date & time: Tuesday 2 June at 1- 2pm BST / 2-3pm CEST / 8-9am EDT
We are delighted that our Head of Public Engagement, Dr Suze Kundu, will be speaking at this webinar hosted by Nano and Researcher. The panel discussion will examine the process by which nanoscience and technology research can be transferred from academic labs to the private sector, and to identify best practices, policies, and other activities that can facilitate the commercialization of research for the benefit of society and economic competitiveness.
The panel will consist of :
- Dr. Prathik Roy – Group Product Manager for Nanoscience and Technology at Springer Nature
- Dr. Michel Rickhaus – Group leader (SNSF Ambizione) at the University of Zurich
- Dr Przemyslaw Gawel – Senior Scientist at Cambridge Display Technology Ltd
- Dr Suze Kundu – Head of Public Engagement at Digital Science
During the session you will hear key questions answered by the panel, including
- What are the challenges to increasing the transfer of knowledge and technology from university researchers to the private sector?
- How can funding agencies foster the transfer of knowledge and technology from universities to the private sector?
- What are the key elements of successful university-industry commercialization collaborations?
- How do we create more jobs in the industry?
There will be an opportunity to ask questions in a live Q&A at the end of the discussion. The discussion is free to join. Simply register to secure your place.