Account and Implementation Manager – figshare
Digital Science | APAC
Figshare is looking for a Technical Implementation and Account Manager to join our great team. The role will be based in the APAC region (ideally Australia), working remotely with a globally distributed team and clients.
Figshare is a London-based startup that has built a platform where users can securely store, share, and manage their research outputs. The platform allows users to upload any file format so that figures, datasets, code, and other research products can be disseminated in a way that the current scholarly communication and publishing model does not allow.
Figshare for Institutions is a product that offers research organizations a dedicated portal for their organization’s research outputs and allows for customization and a curation workflow. It can be used as a data repository or a comprehensive institutional repository for all scholarly outputs.
About the role
This role will initially be for a 12-month fixed-term contract
Our clients are diverse, ranging from academic publishers and institutions to research funders and pharmaceutical companies. This role is primarily focused on our work with our institutional clients.
As part of the Implementation and Support team, your role will be to create long term trusting relationships with clients and make sure we deliver great customer service. You will be their lead contact and product specialist and by understanding their business needs you will develop new sales opportunities. Your key responsibilities will be to;
- Oversee new client implementations in the APAC region
- Manage contract deliverables and make sure that everything is implemented on time
- Act as the lead point of contact for everything to do with your clients post-sale
- Carry out quarterly catch-up calls and online user training in the APAC region
- Oversee APAC support requests and allocate tickets to appropriate Support Team members
- Direct the client needs to the appropriate internal teams e.g. Technical / Engagement
- Collaborate with the Marketing and Technical Teams to create engaging and useful content for existing clients
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. monthly sales renewal results and upsells)
- Prepare regular sales and implementations reports of progress and forecasts to our internal teams.
Ideally, you will have worked at either an academic institution, publisher or research funder in an Account Executive or other customer-facing role. You will be passionate about customer service and delivering a great client experience and be technically savvy and used to working with software technology products. It goes without saying that you have outstanding communication and relationship building skills.
You enjoy working collaboratively with a team, or independently, and solving problems is second nature. It’s important you love to work in a fast-paced environment and juggling multiple priorities and delivering results on time.
What we can offer you
- A great company to work for with friendly fun colleagues who are passionate about Figshare
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Flexible working hours
- All the hardware you need to do the job!
- 12 month fixed term contract