Account Manager – EMEA
September 24, 2021
We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Do you want to join us in achieving our vision?
Dimensions, part of the Digital Science family, is the world’s largest linked research information dataset, covering millions of research publications and connected by more than 1.3 billion citations. We are shaping the future of research and are looking for an Account Manager to join the team.
Your new role
As part of the global and dynamic team, you will further develop a large network of contacts within government organizations and research funders to uncover specific opportunities for DS products and services. Working closely with Digital Science Product Sales Managers, you will develop sales opportunities and will manage and facilitate the process through the institution. Being responsible for all sales activities from lead generation through close in your assigned territory, you will implement agreed strategic territory plans to help meet and exceed annual targets.
You will develop strong relationships with customers, connect with key business executives and stakeholders and will identify new business opportunities among existing customers, as well as identifying and establishing relationships with new customers. In this role, you will liaise with cross-functional internal teams to improve the entire customer experience. The Account Manager represents the entire range of company products and services to a distinct territory while leading the customer account planning cycle and ensuring assigned customers’ needs and expectations are met by the company.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and implement your sales strategy for Digital Science, to identify and qualify opportunities in the government and funder markets
- Communicate the value of our services to customers, both from a technical and commercial perspective
- Manage a pipeline of opportunities and leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships
- Work with internal teams to drive lead generation and awareness
- Be proactive in communicating around all aspects of client and opportunity status and development with our global teams, collaborating and supporting across teams to deliver
- Provide sales presentations and product demonstrations to help solidify opportunities and meet sales quotas
- Keeping Salesforce up to date
- Develop client proposals and contracts
What you’ll bring to the role
- You will have extensive demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets & new business generation in a similar role
- You have sold products which require the agreement of a range of stakeholders including senior management
- You have experience selling products and services similar to Digital Science offerings to government and funder customers.
- You are experienced in supporting sales of information solutions/software (i.e., instead of content)
- Having worked in a matrix environment, you will have experience of supporting complex sales processes
- You have a working knowledge with mainstream CRM (e.g., Salesforce)
- You are a skilled negotiator and business leader
- A natural leader, you are able to motivate and lead your team to successful outcomes
- You will be a strong communicator and able to present your findings to a varied audience through written and verbal presentation
- You will be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and utilize this to empower your career with us
- A naturally people-centric person, you excel in building and maintaining relationships
- You take initiative and have enthusiasm about your customers, your team and your business
- With exceptional organizational skills and business planning, you are able to both work and lead under pressure
- Proficient in report writing and budgeting
The role is offered on a remote basis, however, there would be some requirements to travel within your territory.
Our Vision & Values
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
- We are brave in the pursuit of better
- We are collaborative and inclusive
- We are always open-minded
- We are from and for the community
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like you and you would like to develop your career in a business who is shaping the future of the research ecosystem, email us, firstname.lastname@example.org, your CV, including your bio, showcasing how you can bring your experience to support us in our continued journey.
We look forward to hearing from you!