Back-end Developer (Figshare) – Iasi
Digital Science | Iasi, Romania
Figshare is looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Back-end Developer to join our growing team in Iasi, Romania.
Figshare is an academic content hosting and management platform launched in January 2012 and part of Digital Science’s portfolio of companies.
We are looking for people with experience in:
- Senior level web development
- Strong experience with programming
- Willingness to learn and work with Python
- Technologies and frameworks (NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, AMQP, TDD/BDD)
- Familiar with cross-browser bugs/inconsistencies and common debugging tools (Firebug etc)
- Strong desire to write great code
- Software architectures
- Very strong self-discipline and management, pragmatic
- Fluent in English (both written and spoken)
- Experience in using task management software
- Experience working with AGILE methodologies (SCRUM)
- Develop the backend of the platform and clientside functionality using Python, NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, AMQP, TDD/BDD
- Work in an Agile environment organized according to the SCRUM process
- Collaborate with an international team of software developers
- Learn new technologies and enhance your programming skills
- Be part of a team implementing a large and complex platform
Being able to work independently would be considered a big plus.
As a company, work-life balance is very important to us; we have flexible working hours and our teams are setup to enable people to regularly work from home. Also, we offer a great office location, a fun and dedicated team, competitive salary, training budget, team building, Christmas party and of course good coffee 🙂