Bookkeeping & Sales Support – Overleaf
Digital Science | London
Overleaf are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented individual to take on a range of tasks involving Overleaf bookkeeping, sales support, event management and general admin.
We’re building ’Google Docs for Science’, making science and R&D faster, more open and more transparent by bringing the whole scientific process into the cloud, from idea to writing to review to publication. Overleaf has 750,000 users who’ve created more than 10 million documents, and is being used in hundreds of universities worldwide for teaching and research. We’re a London-based startup, supported by Digital Science and Bethnal Green Ventures, and founded by two mathematicians who were inspired by their own experiences in academia to create a better solution for scientific collaboration and communication.
Job Location and Hours
- Location: London
- Salary: Competitive Salary depending on previous experience and qualifications
- Hours: 9:30 – 5:30pm
- Duration: Permanent
- Sales ledger – sales invoice generating and processing, run reports, statements.
- Bank reconciliations and credit control
- Purchase Ledger – process purchase invoices
- Using spreadsheets – update prepayment, accruals and deferred Income
- Payments to suppliers, entering payments and receipts in accounting system and into spreadsheet cash books
- Quarterly VAT returns, VAT Moss
- General administration duties, answering the telephone and dealing with queries
- Finding speaking opportunities and submitting speaking opportunities proposals
- Coordinating monthly blog email to all users, and internal newsletter to staff
- Social Media – coordinate Social Media posts & scheduling
- Shipping swag & material to customers
- Keeping up with and printing literature reprints (tri-fold, case studies, institutional insert, publisher insert)
- Keeping up with and ordering new swag as needed
- Applying for speaking opportunities
- Registering for sponsorships/booths
- Coordinating marketing needed by event (ads, descriptions, social media, videos, logos, swag, etc.)
- Registration for attendees
- Updating internal conference tracking spreadsheet
- Gathering feedback on all conferences we attend
- Coordinating booth details – swag, banner, etc.
- Coordinate the FuturePub evening events we run in London and Boston (including location, schedule, catering, speakers, Eventbrite listing, invites, etc).
- As Overleaf is a fast-growing company, there will also be opportunities for the person hired for this position to grow and develop, and to take on additional responsibility.
- Varied knowledge and skills required in the following areas:
- Good all-round bookkeeping and reconciliations experience.
- Good IT skills and proficiency in MS Office Products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous experience in Netsuite is preferable
- Confidentiality and integrity is required
- Driven, team player, keen to learn new skills and flexible
- Excellent organizational/project management skills.
- Good writing skills with ability to prepare presentation proposals and write internal communication updates.
Choose your own kit
- MacBookPro? LenovoThinkPad? Note- book and pen? However you like to work, we’ll provide you with the equipment you need.
- In the heart of London, and right next to King’s Cross and St Pancras stations for excellent transport links.
- We’re based in the Digital Science offices, so there’s lots of interesting people to meet, and clubs and sports activities out- side of work.
- Just that. Mmm.
- We’ll often grab a sandwich together, but the whole team also goes out for a weekly lunch to catch up outside of the office.
If you’re interested in this position, please get in touch via email@example.com to apply.