Corporate Business Development Representative (US)
North America | Cambridge, MA
No closing date
Digital Science is a data science company serving the needs of corporate R&D. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
Our products solve their biggest challenges in scientific research, information discovery and analysis. This puts us right in the centre of the innovation, change and disruption that’s taking place in scientific research information, and gives us the chance to solve pressing problems for customers who themselves are trying to make the world a better place. It’s an exciting place to be!
The opportunity with us gives you the chance to work at the heart of innovation with corporate R&D organizations researching and developing products from autonomous driving, alternative energy, next generation batteries to new therapeutics in immuno-oncology. The impact of our products go well beyond R&D by enabling our customers to use a data-driven approach to support strategic and tactical decisions related to new corporate initiatives such as ESG.
We are making huge waves in the research information space and offering products that no one else can currently, It’s a great time to join us!
The Corporate Business Development Representative (US) is a key role with responsibility for effective prospecting, outreach and early sales pipeline growth to support Dimensions and Altmetric revenue in a growing US corporate market with effort being led by company vision and values.
- on-going achievement of booking introductory calls and pipeline growth targets
- cold/warm outreach to technology sector
- responsible for sourcing, educating, nurturing and developing sales qualified leads that can be escalated to a sales manager for closure
- educate, nurture and develop leads through inbound or outbound prospecting via phone calls, emails, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, events and campaigns
- identify and develop an in-depth understanding of lead generation process, supporting marketing activities, prospect touch-points
- work alongside marketing on sales enablement campaigns
- use Salesforce.com to track activity and update account/contact information
- facilitate marketing campaigns by driving attendance to and attending marketing events (webinars, conference presentations, trade shows) and proactively follow up on all invitations, registrants, attendees and prospects
- provide feedback to sales and marketing management regarding lead quality and marketing campaign effectiveness
- minimum of 1 year of B2B SaaS inside sales experience
- pre-existing network of contacts in US-based corporate R&D organizations preferably in the biopharma sector (Discovery, Medical Affairs)
- experience with Salesforce and LinkedIn Sales Navigator preferred
- college/university degree in a life science/medical discipline is preferred
- adaptable, professional, courteous, motivated with a strong work ethic
- exceptional listening skills; clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- organized and detail oriented
- self-starter with the drive to creatively develop sales opportunities
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org