Data Analyst / Product Specialist – Dimensions & Altmetric
Remote | Europe and UK
No closing date
Do you have a passion for data analysis? We are looking for someone who is just as comfortable doing data analysis, producing dashboards though work with SQL or Python and “playing with data” as they are talking to clients about their requirements, advising them on best approaches and creating ideas and solutions for them.
The Data Analyst / Product Specialist will become an expert and emerge themselves in two of our products Altmetric and Dimensions. Dimensions is an innovative take on a research information database, bringing more than 123 million publications, 6 million funded grants, 141 million patent records, 677,000 clinical trials, 11 million datasets, and 743,000 policy papers consistently linked together – making research discovery and analysis now easier than ever. We’ve even made those 123 million publications openly discoverable to researchers around the globe at no cost because we believe that publication and citation data should be freely accessible. Altmetric tracks the online attention to research, helping institutions, publishers, funders and corporate organisations better understand the research and influence of their work.
Understanding the entire research process requires a more inclusive view that takes into account other aspects of the research lifecycle, so we built and connected other content in Dimensions to enable this perspective. This unique data set requires expert colleagues to help our partners and clients get the most out of our vast innovative and linked data pool. A primary focus that will be critical to the success of the Data Analyst is the ability to listen to the client’s needs in areas of research discovery and research analysis, to understand them, to document them, to establish how Dimensions and or Altmetric can support them, and finally to develop communication to convey that back to the client. In addition, the data available in Dimensions and Altmetric, other Digital Science companies may increasingly be used in our projects.
If you love complex challenges, working with data, and the research analysis space – we can offer you a vibrant and dedicated team as a professional home. You will report to our Head of Dimensions/Altmetric Product Sales and work closely with the global Sales Team.
What you will do:
- Support our regional sales teams in their work with their clients
- Listen to and understand prospective clients’ business needs and use-cases
- Create insightful, relevant, client-facing communication with Dimensions and Altmetric, such as custom demos, webinar content and sales collateral
- Explain how Dimensions and Altmetric are positioned to help clients achieve their goals
- Support client engagement with trainings and workshops – onsite and online
- Support and work with your own group of clients
What you would bring to the table:
- Degree in information science, information management, computing science, science communications, or similar is preferred
- Familiarity with APIs, SQL, Python, Data Visualization Tools and data science tools such as Google Colab, and Google Big Query preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience directly related to research discovery, administration, assessment, strategy is preferred
- Familiarity with thought leadership
- The ability to actively listen
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management and attention to detail
- Creativity, initiative, and enthusiasm
What we offer:
- A chance to help change the world of research discovery, analysis, and assessment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Absolutely, completely fantastic colleagues
- Value-driven, inclusive company culture
- Potential for growth and advancement
- Remote working with about 30-40% travel (primarily domestic/regional pandemic permitting)
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective. The people we secure are fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
- We are brave in the pursuit of better
- We are collaborative and inclusive
- We are always open-minded
- We are from and for the community
Ready to apply?
If you would like to help shake up the world of research, Digital Science is the place to be. Together, we can make a positive, irreversible change. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.