Data Scientist (Europe)
Digital Science | Europe
Our team is growing and we need a Data Scientist to join our global and dynamic team
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities, at the laboratory bench or in a research setting. It invests in and incubates scientific software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery. Its portfolio companies and investments include a host of leading and admired brands including Dimensions, Altmetric, Figshare, GRID, IFI CLAIMS, Overleaf, ReadCube, Symplectic, CC Technology. It is operated by global media company, the Holtzbrinck Publishing Group.
About the Role
The most important thing you do is research, design and build analytic tools and reports based on Digital Science datasets on request of customers. These datasets include close to 200 million scientific publications, patents, policy documents, funding award projects, datasets etc., and links between those. In addition, the data available in Altmetric, Readcube and other Digital Science companies will increasingly be used in projects. The methods you will be using include aggregation on various levels, identification of anomalies, and linking additional internal and external data sets. Furthermore, machine learning clustering techniques are increasingly used (e.g., topic modeling). You will have an opportunity to access and help improve virtually all data supported by Digital Science products.
About the role
- Research, develop and evaluate tools to provide our customers with analyses that help answer their questions.
- Identify, obtain and prepare large scale data sets for training and testing algorithms (e.g. data cleaning, data normalization, data linkage)
- Productionize prototypes with the support of skilled engineers to make reliable, scalable systems
- Deliver presentations that communicate the value of developed technologies to the business and our customers.
We are looking for people who have;
- Strong experience of research and development, preferably holding a PhD in a technical scientific domain relevant to Data Science.
- Demonstrable experience with data analytics on large (>10E8) datasets.
- Experience in SQL, Python, Jupyter notebooks.
- Experience with big data technologies and machine learning libraries (e.g. Spark, MapReduce, TensorFlow, Keras, scikit-learn) is definitely a plus.
- Experience in working in teams that are geographically distributed across multiple locations
It’s also important that:
- You can demonstrate, communicate and promote the value of Digital Science data and analytic capabilities both inside and outside the company
- You have a track record of working in cross-functional teams including Engineers, Operations, and Sales to build and deliver data products
What we can offer you
- Be part of our international team distributed all over the globe. Location is not a factor. Digital Science is a distributed company, where many employees work full time from home. If you prefer to go to an office, we have offices in London, Glasgow, Cologne, and Iași.
- Relaxed work environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Handpick your hardware
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com