Data Scientist – Japan
Digital Science | Remote and flexible working in Tokyo, Japan
Remote and flexible working in Tokyo, Japan
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our global and dynamic team.
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research. The Digital Science family includes Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, Readcube, Symplectic, and UberResearch. Each year Digital Science serves millions of researchers and thousands of research institutions – funders, publishers, and universities from the largest organizations like the NIH and Nature to the smallest nonprofits and foundations.
Our new role will be pivotal to our success in Japan
You will be key to delivering great products to our customers by leading customer engagements, thinking through their analytical needs, designing, data wrangling and developing tools. Part of our global team you will work with the analyst and support teams to get achieve outstanding results.
Our customers are all types of R&D organizations (government, funder, university, corporate, publisher). Delivering high quality and leading products is vital and you will be the expert in our product and services (e.g. databases, software, algorithms) and develop a deep understanding of our customer organizations and use cases so that we can deliver effective tools in a variety of forms, from data sets to discussions in support of data-driven S&T decisions.
Your key responsibilities will be to
- Triage and design solutions for new analytical requests
- Perform scientific portfolio analysis and similar analysis tasks from start to finish
- Lead and nurture relationships with key S&T organizations in Japan
- Maintain a deep understanding of our data sources and methods
- Communicate results of analysis to audiences from senior leadership to technical analysts
As part of our global team you will need to
- Understand the S&T ecosystem – funders, research organizations, scientific publishing, etc
- Have experience of delivering training and providing customer support
- Be able to understand business needs and translate into requirements analysis
- Have previous experience of working globally and across multiple teams
- Be able to work effectively independently and remotely
- Speak and write in English
The technical skills we need are
- Experience of working with scientific publication and research funding data
- Bibliometric and scientometric analysis
- Scientific/Research portfolio analysis
- Experience conducting analysis using Python, R, SQL
- Familiarity with NLP methods
- Data visualization and presentation of quantitative analysis
- Data manipulation – cleanup and transformation of structured and unstructured data from internal and customer sources
- Familiarity with accessing Web-based APIs
If you would like to know more or to apply please email email@example.com or use the red apply now button.