Remote | Europe or East Coast US
No closing date
Purpose of the Role
The most important thing you do is research, design and build analytic tools and reports based on Digital
Science datasets on request of customers. These datasets include close to 200 million Dimensions records –
scientific publications, patents, policy documents, funding award projects, datasets etc., and links between those.
In addition, the data available in Altmetric, Readcube and other Digital Science companies will increasingly be
used in projects. The methods you will be using include aggregation on various levels, identification of
anomalies, and linking additional internal and external data sets. Furthermore, machine learning clustering
techniques are increasingly used (e.g., topic modelling). You will have an opportunity to access and help
improve virtually all data supported by Digital Science products.
Furthermore, you will regularly need to get familiar with the domain a customer is operating in (e.g., treatments
of a particular disease) to be able to discuss in depth about interpretations of results with customers.
- Research, and develop interactive dashboards to provide our customers with analyses that help answer their questions.
- Independently project manage individual customer projects. Interact with the customer domain experts on the goals and deliverables of projects.
- Identify opportunities to transfer tools and techniques built in the context of a project into one of our products or toolboxes, and productionize prototypes with the support of skilled engineers to make reliable, scalable systems
- Deliver presentations that communicate the value of developed technologies to our customers and company senior management.
- You have a track record of working in cross-functional teams including Engineers, Operations, and Sales to build and deliver data products
- Demonstrable experience with data analytics on large (>10E8) datasets.
- Experience in SQL, Python, Pandas, Jupyter notebooks, Git
- Experience with Entity Recognition or NLP in general.
- Experience in interactive visualization of analysis results (i.e., dashboards, like Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio).
- Experience in working in teams that are geographically distributed across multiple locations
- You can translate customer needs into feasible data analytics approaches.
- You can demonstrate, communicate and promote the value of Digital Science data and analytic capabilities both inside and outside the company
- Ability to discuss data science with non-technical customers in their scientific domain.
- Being able to write or review scientific publications is useful
- MSc Data Science or PhD in a technical scientific domain relevant to Data Science.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com