Enterprise Sales Manager
Remote | Boston, Massachusetts, United States
No closing date
Overleaf is well-loved by its user base and community — a community which has rapidly grown to over eight million users worldwide. We are looking to bring a talented, experienced individual into the organisation who will take responsibility for continuing and expanding Overleaf’s B2B Scientific and Research Enterprise Sales. Verticals include labs, research institutes, engineering sector, technology sector, pharma, finance. Organisations who need to write research, documentation, proposals, etc which include scientific, engineering or other hard sciences language.
This is a remote, full-time role, ideally based in the Eastern time zone of the US, and we’d love to hear from candidates with an engineering or scientific background who have moved into sales.
Who we are
Overleaf is a mission-led organisation that builds modern collaborative authoring tools for scientists, engineers, technical professionals and students — like a Google Docs for Research. Our primary product is an online, real-time collaborative editor for papers, theses, technical reports and other documents written in the LaTeX markup language.
Overleaf has seen rapid adoption across science and research, and now supports a community of over eight million users worldwide. This community includes major institutions such as Stanford and Caltech, with Overleaf becoming an integral part of research collaborations, graduate programmes, and undergraduate teaching. Many international tech, finance and engineering companies use our enterprise solutions, and we work with several major publishers: for example, supporting collaboration on IEEE’s member platform, and making the journal submission process smoother for LaTeX users across many academic publishers. Our vision is to be the go-to place for writing scientific and technical documents.
Overleaf was founded by two mathematicians who were inspired by their own experiences in academia to create a better solution for scientific collaboration and communication. Now we are a team of about fifty based mainly in the UK, Europe, the US and Canada. We were recently recognised as one of the UK’s top 100 fastest growing businesses and as the Best SaaS for Nonprofits or Education in the 2020 SaaS Awards Program.
How we work
Overleaf is remote-first — all founders and staff work remotely. Our main office is located in London, UK, and we aim to get the whole team together in London a couple of times a year for face-to-face time, Coronavirus permitting.
We encourage flexible working. Our core hours are 9am–12 noon EST.
Your new role
We are looking for an Enterprise Sales Manager to join our growing global team. The Enterprise Sales Manager role is a customer-facing position responsible for a range of enterprise sales and lead generation activities for the Overleaf business.
You’ll work to develop and implement your sales strategy, developing opportunities for growth through lead generation and management, and provide sales presentations & demonstrations to help close opportunities. Through your solutions based conversations, you’ll work closely with clients to develop your understanding of their needs and deliver proposals and contracts to address this. You’ll also work closely with marketing to generate the necessary sales collateral for client meetings and presentations.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with the Enterprise Sales Director to help develop an enterprise sales strategy for your assigned region;
- Actively seeking out new sales opportunities & leads to grow the existing pipeline;
- Following up & qualifying enterprise leads (from website, events, lists, etc.);
- Providing sales presentations and demonstrations to close opportunities;
- Developing and delivering proposals to negotiate the lead through to completion;
- Preparing contracts and documentation for closure;
- Keeping all records and CRM details updated;
- Delivering sales updates to the commercial team;
- Collaborating with internal teams to achieve results and provide customer feedback
- Attending industry events and delivering speaking sessions at industry conferences and events (Coronavirus permitting).
- A self-motivated individual, you display a high level of independent judgement and decision-making;
- We’d love to hear from engineers and scientists who have moved into sales, ideally SaaS or solutions-based;
- You have a demonstrable sales history where you have met or exceeded performance targets;
- You have a working knowledge of lead generation, pipeline management, and driving opportunities from prospect through to closure;
- You have successfully built and managed complex customer relationships;
- Experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software is required, Salesforce preferred;
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills and are able to communicate your message to a wide audience and ensure understanding;
- You are curious and able to get to the core of what the customer wants, in order to deliver the right solution;
- Whilst you like to be part of a team, you’re self-motivated and thrive in an environment which is remote, agile and leads you to deliver client results;
- You’re a natural relationship builder and excel in building and growing relationships with both customers and colleagues through your integrity and approach;
- You have excellent time management, organisational, and project management skills;
- Experience with virtualisation technology (including Docker) would be advantageous, but is not essential;
- You are based in the USA in the EST time zone and are available for our core business hours which are 9am–12 noon EST.
This is a paid, full-time, remote-first position, with benefits including
- Joining a small, dedicated, and growing team, where you get to make an impact from day one;
- We’re part of Digital Science (https://www.digital-science.com/) and backed by Bethnal Green Ventures (https://bethnalgreenventures.com/), through which we’re part of a wider community of startups in science, health and ed-tech;
- We’ll provide a new Mac or PC laptop, along with a stipend for other equipment;
- We provide a training budget; many of our staff choose to attend relevant industry conferences or buy training materials;
- We run a bi-weekly internal seminar series (show and tell) with short talks from staff about their work or personal projects, new technologies and techniques.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply at https://apply.workable.com/overleaf/j/06B3B8B8B8/