Business Development Manager – Figshare
No closing date
Figshare pioneers innovative software solutions to sharing academic data and non-traditional research outputs. For the last 10 years, Figshare.com and has been providing the community with an effective way to participate in the Open Research movement and comply with Open Data policies and mandates.
To better meet the needs of the Academic sector in supporting their researchers with data and publishing requirements, Figshare offers a commercial repository platform to organisations including Universities, Governments and Funders. Over 80 Institutes currently choose Figshare to successfully manage their research outputs, from data to journal publications, thesis to conference outputs.
We’re a global team of positive, driven individuals and as we look to grow our base of clients who choose Figshare for their repository system, we’re looking for people who can help us connect with Librarians, Research Officers and Research Data Managers. Whether your background is working in the Academic Library space and you’re someone who easily connects with people, or your experience is developing leads for Sales team members and you’re tech-savvy and want to learn about the Academic space, we’re keen to hear from you!
Your new role
As our Business Development Manager for the EMEA region, you will be part of our Commercial Team at Figshare. The Commercial Team, partner all areas of the company and add value by generating interest and demand from Research institutes for our Figshare for Institutions product, contributing to the strategic growth plans of the business. In your role you will be responsible for supporting a team with specific product knowledge to successfully achieve ambitious growth targets, selling into a variety of research institutions with a focus on Universities in the EMEA region.
What you’ll be doing
- Find opportunities, present Figshare and its value, and quickly develop rapport with new clients
- Generate business opportunities through all channels (social, email, phone, etc.) by mapping and researching companies/contacts and keeping that data up to date in our CRM (Salesforce)
- Closely collaborate with the marketing team to ensure campaigns are regularly running and optimised to be relevant to defined target audiences and ensure a smooth marketing-sales funnel process
- Work with the Sales Representatives at Digital Science to source and qualify relevant opportunities. Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop relationships with important stakeholders
- Ensure prospects meet predefined qualification criteria
- Schedule qualified customers for demos and sessions with the Sales team
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline
- Utilize demand generation and prospecting tools to ensure efficient lead management and record-keeping
- Occasionally travel to participate in company and client events
- Focus on ramping up lead generation activities through maintaining a close working relationship with the marketing team
- Have a strong focus on clean and up to date data entry of leads and sales opportunities in the CRM to facilitate data driven feedback and decision making between sales, marketing and product development
What you’ll bring to the role
- Have a strong understanding of the Research Infrastructure space
- Experience of selling Software as a Service products, ideally into University / research producing markets
- Target driven with a focus on collecting and using data to make informed decisions
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Confidence in handling of objections
- Ambitious, results-driven, dynamic, and eager to learn
- Fluency with CRM systems (Salesforce preferred)
- Good written English
- Any additional languages spoken relevant to the EMEA region would be beneficial, but not essential
Our Vision & Values
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
- We are brave in the pursuit of better
- We are collaborative and inclusive
- We are always open-minded
- We are from and for the community
This position will be predominantly remote based, with the option to work from an office in the following locations: UK or Germany (other locations in Europe may be considered).
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like you and you would like to develop your career in a business that is shaping the future of the research ecosystem, send your CV to email@example.com, showcasing how you can bring your experience to support us in our continued journey. We look forward to hearing from you.