Graduate Software Support Analyst
Digital Science | Glasgow, Scotland
In support of CC Grant Tracker and our many growing customers, we are looking to expand our Support Team. The correct candidate will provide software solution support to the company’s global expanding client base.
Serving the not-for-profit and grant funding sectors for 10+ years, CC Technology combines technology and expertise to help grant funding organisations achieve their missions. CC Technology works with more than 40 clients worldwide who support charitable activities such as medical / scientific research, poverty, social injustice, the arts, education, environment and many more.
We offer a web-based grants management solution, CC Grant Tracker, to help funders manage the entire lifecycle of a grant; from online applications and reviews utilising our intuitive Forms designer tool, contract decision, awarding and payment, to progress reporting and on-going management of grants.
Software company with UK and International customer base looking for graduate to work with our team to initially support customers on our service desk or working on implementation of our grant’s management software product alongside our project managers.
CC Technology is part of Digital Science, which works towards making research smarter, more collaborative, and more efficient.
About the Role
- Handle software-related requests for assistance (problems)
- Troubleshoot software and identify root causes of software problems
- Analyse software related issues and propose solutions
- Fix software problems and test (verify) solutions prior to implementing them
- Obtain and log customer feedback for the purpose of process improvement
- Document software support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Make decisions quickly, sometimes with limited information
- Review work log, customer feedback periodically with supervisor and other analysts and technicians, to identify and act on opportunities for improvement
Interesting and varied work with opportunity to grow into project management role.
Critical to success for the Software Support Analyst is the ability to understand the clients’ specific grant making needs/issues and translate that to CC Grant Tracker functionality in order to be able to communicate how CC Grant Tracker can support them. To secure that success, the ideal candidate’s profile will match some or all of the following.
- Educated to degree level in relevant subject
- Relevant employment history would be advantageous
- Ideally some experience in a customer service environment
- Disciplined time-management skills and the ability to prioritise and troubleshoot multiple issues
- Must be able self-starter who can take the initiative to achieve results.
- Technically aware.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and an interest in speaking with both internally and with customers
- Demonstrable platform skills and a proven desire to learn new software and technologies, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Strong work ethic – proven ability to “go above and beyond”
- Positive attitude and the ability to stay flexible in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Drive to solve problems efficiently and creatively on your own after the completion of initial training.
What we can offer you
- A start-up environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements where appropriate
- Generous amount of annual paid leave
Closing date: 09/08/2019