Head of Content, Brand & Press
Europe | London/Remote
No closing date
We are seeking a digitally-focused Head of Content and Brand expert to head up our broad mix of portfolios. In this role, you would be responsible for the planning and execution of our content strategy across all channels, and providing input on the communications side of our research, marketing and website. We are looking for someone who relishes creating content in all its formats (visual and written) in a user-centric way. This role would suit someone with a knowledge of scholarly communications and research infrastructure, and with an interest in the power of scientometrics and bibliometrics.
Content & Brand Responsibilities
- Manage and drive the content of our portfolios from campaign and lifecycle emails through to social posts, articles and Digital Science Research Reports.
- Partner with stakeholders across the business (e.g. product management, sales, campaign marketing, customer success, strategy, events and editorial teams) to deliver an aligned set of messaging and content that achieve corporate objectives
- Drive and create content, from conceptualization through to creation, editing and distribution across all channels, in line with the Marketing Calendar, product launches, and other events. Lead on DS Report and blog strategy, and research and deliver a structured plan and position, including content and promotion of this, with an eye on competitors and best practices to inform new ideas and suggestions
- Strategically define and manage the broad spectrum of creators. The broad mix of portfolios at Digital Science requires a strategic approach to define, champion and leverage the principles of user-centered content across DS
- Liaise with Industry leads to provide relevant and engaging content for sales teams
- Own our brand and content strategy, tone of voice and visual identity and will be responsible for maintaining our brand guides and style guide and collaborating with portfolio leaders
- Create content to support business goals and objectives – e.g lead generation.
- Lead and nurture a small team
- Manage and build a team of freelance bloggers and writers
Strategy & Analytics Responsibilities
- A hands-on leader, a doer not just a teller
- Constantly review customer/user & competitor insight, to ensure we are always close to the customers’ needs and wants.
- Creative thinker, passionate about customer and data and equally comfortable across technical and analytical problem-solving.
- A commercially orientated thinker with a proven track record of clearly demonstrating social, editorial and brand impact on business objectives, dept OKR’s and KPI’s.
- Strong understanding of creative brand strategy with relevant experience helping to define and build brand/s.
- Strong collaboration and ability to develop general content that can be customized by product
This to look out for:
- Ensure all onsite content is optimized for SEO, monitoring web traffic metrics to ensure content is driving brand awareness and traffic to the website.
- Leverage data insights to develop new content themes and topic ideas, to gauge content impact and effectiveness, and to inform future strategy
- Solid Press Experience so you can guide and nurture a more junior press person.
- We want someone who keeps abreast of emerging trends and technologies, ensure we at Digital Science are at the forefront of innovation and testing when it comes to brand and content.
- Self-starter, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Team oriented
Apply with your CV and covering letter to email@example.com