Head of Security and Central IT – Europe
Europe | Remote
No closing date
At Digital Science we are looking for a Head of Security and Central IT to help us progress our central division. As a Head of Security and Central IT, you will lead a team of currently four security and IT operations professionals.
With Dimensions, Digital Science launched an innovative research data and tool infrastructure, broadening the view of the research landscape after decades of focus on the publication/citation complex.
Dimensions is a research tool that interlinks multiple data sets (grant applications, publications, clinical trials, patents applications, policy documents). Based on these data sets and by using external services it provides metrics like attention and citation score and makes it possible to perform complex analysis on the data.
In total, Dimensions contains today more than 400 million documents with more than 4 billion connections between these records.
Our customers are researchers, research organizations, publishers and government and funder organizations from all around the world.
Dimensions has offices in Germany, Romania, US and UK, serving clients globally. For more information please visit https://dimensions.ai or try the free version of the Dimensions app at https://app.dimensions.ai.
- Coordinating security audit preparations (ISO 27001/ 27701, NIST, FedRamp) and take responsibilities in all audit phases
- Provide response to client security questionnaires
- Coordinate rollout and management of McAfee Enterprise and AlienVault SIEM
- Manage the IT Service Desk ticket queue
- Coordinate on/offboarding process and the global inventory management
- Coordinate global hardware purchase process
- Plan the operation of the office networks
- Manage central company tools like Freshdesk, JumpCloud, Google Workspace, Slack, Confluence, PeopleHR
- Line manager for the team of four security and IT operations professionals (e.g. have regular calls, perform the yearly review process)
- Knowledge of Linux, Windows, MacOS (keep up with new technologies and security issues)
- Knowledge of network basics (IP addressing, firewalls, NAT gateways, VPN)
- Experience with deploying antivirus/SIEM software at scale
- Experience with security audits
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills. Good command of the English language.
- Must be a self-learner, possessing inherent inquisitiveness
- Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
What We Offer
- Be part of an international team distributed all over the globe
- Relaxed work environment that values innovation, initiative and energy
- Competitive salary based on experience and attractive benefits package
- Flexible working hours with focus on work-life balance
Ready to apply?
If you would like to help shake up the world of research, Digital Science is the place to be. Together, we can make a positive, irreversible change. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.