Marketing & Events Coordinator
Digital Science | UK (office based, remote or mixture of both)
About Digital Science:
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective. We are now looking for a new team member to join the Digital Science family to help us in our mission.
About the role
As Marketing & Events Coordinator, you will be part of the Central Marketing Team that supports the wider business, as well as our portfolio companies and their activities. You will work closely with the Conference and Events Manager to support the organisation and promotion of Digital Science hosted events and assist the wider team with general marketing support.
- Support the Central Marketing Team with general marketing and administration tasks as required, including:
- Drafting marketing emails / social media posts
- Research and creation of marketing collateral and promotional items
- Work with the Conference and Events Manager to organise, produce and deliver customer facing events throughout the year. Events include conferences, exhibitions, trade shows and guest speaker slots in the UK, overseas or online.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all event requirements and objectives are established and provide on the day support to ensure they are achieved.
- Promotion of our events across multiple channels (email, social media etc) and analysing and testing which promotional activities create most value.
- Post-event reporting and analysis
- Update and maintain event pages on the Digital Science website
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of event/exhibition organisation (essential)
- Proficient with digital marketing (essential)
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organised
- Able to prioritise and work to tight deadlines
- Comfortable liaising with senior stakeholders.
- Experience of WordPress, Monday.com, Canva, Hootsuite (desirable)
- Experience of online event platforms, e.g. Crowdcast, Remo, Gathertown, Bizzabo, etc, (desirable)
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated
- Willingness to travel overseas and stay away from home on occasion
What we can offer you
- A strong work/life balance with flexible working hours and the opportunity to regularly work from home or be fully remote (though you must be willing and able to travel to the London office regularly for team meetings and/or further afield for live events)
- Full time role (or part-time 4 days per week considered)
- The chance to join a diverse and fun team with a passion for marketing and events
- Competitive salary, benefits and training opportunities
If this role interests you, please apply here clearly stating how you meet the job requirements. If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to submit two work related exercises that will be set for you.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 21st May 2021.