Marketing Segment Leader – Publisher Markets
Remote | UK
No closing date
We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Do you want to join us in achieving our vision?
Your new role
These are Growth-Hacker Leadership roles with specific Industry expertise for Digital Science’s Global Marketing Department. As our Marketing Segment Leader – Publisher Markets, you will be part of our Central Marketing team. The Central Marketing team partners all areas of Digital science, contributing to the strategic growth plans of the business. In your role as Marketing Segment Leader, you will be responsible for serving as a bridge across multiple portfolio companies to represent their segment or industry and driving both a positive relationship and increased lead generation to support our revenue goals. Working with our portfolios, you will learn the customer profiles and products of each portfolio company, optimizing use cases that display our value proposition to customers. You’ll work to deliver both the strategic outlines and execute the tactical implementation of the plans. Serving as the voice of the customer for your segment to the marketing and sales team, you’ll create alignment across the Digital Science family.
What you’ll be doing
- Map our products and services with supporting use cases to drive a comprehensive cradle to grave story facilitating growth.
- Avid learner is responsible for keeping up with market trends and customer needs by segment.
- Account-based marketing to support lead generation for upsell opportunities.
- Develop and deliver lead generation and marketing related ROI-based KPIs for their segment.
- Create efficiencies for portfolio marketing teams through alignment and deeper level segment expertise.
- Helps to differentiate Digital Science through intentional segmented expertise to help increase market share.
- Work with internal stakeholders on developing the strategies for the market segment to deliver qualified leads
- Grow inbound leads by proposing and executing marketing campaigns to attract prospects and convert leads as well as testing new approaches.
- Develop content and strategies to improve and drive leads
- Develop and run omnichannel marketing campaigns, including the set up of effective lead follow-up campaigns
- Analyze and refine campaigns to drive revenue, uncover insight and customer trends
- Partner with the central sales team to develop and execute regional account-focused playbooks, including outbound prospecting, inbound lead follow up, nurture, digital marketing strategies
- Work with portfolio marketing, Sales and central marketing team to shape and deliver presentations at industry-specific conferences/events, and placements in the industry press
- Work cross-functionally/across the portfolios to share ideas and feedback, and present results
- Collaborate with central Sales teams to define targets, map key accounts and create and implement marketing strategies to increase penetration and upsell across our portfolio
- Report: Define measurements, build a reporting structure and demonstrate positive impacts sales & pipeline stages
- Contribute to other marketing projects as required
- Establish and evolve consistent market positioning and messaging
What you’ll bring to the role
- You’ll be experienced in embracing & championing change in a similar role and will be able to articulate your approach to bring people on a journey with you
- You have experience in developing best practice and embedding processes to underpin this
- A natural leader, you have strong leadership & communication skills and are able to inform and influence stakeholders in various roles across the organization
- You will have experience of driving both a positive relationship and increased lead generation to support revenue goals in a similar role, ideally within the Publishers Market
- You are experienced in utilizing use cases that display the value proposition to new customers and have a clear understanding of customer needs within the SaaS market, ideally within Publishers Market
- Serving as the voice of the customer for your segment, you’ll have experience in creating cross business alignment and supporting complex business structures
- You will be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and utilize this to empower your career with us
- A naturally people-centric person, you excel in building and maintaining relationships and being the voice of your customer
- Self motivated, you take initiative and have enthusiasm about your customers, your team and your business and thrive in a results-driven environment
- A strong collaborator you are able to successfully prioritize and manage multiple projects across a number of businesses
Our Vision & Values
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans. The values we live by are:
- We are brave in the pursuit of better
- We are collaborative and inclusive
- We are always open-minded
- We are from and for the community
Ready to apply?
If this sounds like you and you would like to develop your career in a business who is shaping the future of the research eco system, apply and send your CV to us, showcasing how you can bring your experience to support us in our continued journey. We look forward to hearing from you.
Please apply by sending your CV to email@example.com