Europe | Remote/UK
No closing date
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
We’re on a mission to shake up the world of research and make working life simpler and more productive. Researchers worldwide spend a lot of time, and energy Research. It’s a source of identity and inspiration, but it can also be a source of frustration – so it’s important we work to improve researchers’ experience, it’s one of the things we at Digital Science have set out to do. That starts with our own team.
We’re building a strong, diverse team of curious, open-minded, creative people who want to find a purpose in their work and support each other in the process. We believe that a flexible working environment enables us all to truly do the best work. As a result, we create a place where all kinds of work happens – and happens well – all while working alongside people we respect and admire.
About the role
You will join Digital Science at an exciting time of growth and development for the organization working with the Head of Content and Brand within the Marketing team to maximize media coverage, build relationships with press, both regional and national, and build awareness and profile of the organization to reach campaign goals and targets. This job is open to remote home offices in either the USA or UK.
Some of the activities (high-level)
- Create high quality, targeted press releases to generate positive media coverage
- Working closely with the wider marketing team to help develop overarching PR marketing and social media campaigns
- Respond to external enquiries from the media
- Develop press releases as required
- Owning and sharing the story – identify press opportunities, develop press releases and media alerts, and lead sell-ins.
- Run with projects that bring together media relations, events, branding and internal communications for maximum impact.
- Implementation of the group PR strategy
- React swiftly and effectively to any issues, across press and social media.
- Serve as communications counsel for the portfolio companies
- From time to time you may be asked to support the development of materials such as Q&As, media statements, interview briefs, speaker notes and create tools to educate and showcase our proposition.
- You may be required to support the management of any necessary crisis communication efforts and proactive media reporting
Further skills and qualifications
- Experience of being the first point of contact for media inquiries
- Experience writing media releases and other press materials
- Effective communication across a matrix organization
- A proactive approach
- Experience of working closely and successfully with senior media figures on complex and challenging issues.
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org