Product Specialist Sales Manager – Dimensions Europe
Digital Science | Europe
We are looking for a Product Specialist Sales Manager to join our growing and dynamic Commercial Sales and Marketing team at Dimensions.
Launched in January 2018, Dimensions is an innovative research information database, bringing together more than 112 million publications, 5 million funded grants, 40 million patents, 500,000 clinical trials and policy papers, and linking these together where relevant – making research discovery and analysis easier and multi-dimensional. We’ve even made those 112 million publications openly discoverable to researchers around the globe at no cost because we believe that publication and citation data should be freely accessible.
Understanding the entire research process requires a more expansive view that takes into account other aspects of the research lifecycle beyond just articles and citations, which is why we built and connected other research information into Dimensions.
Dimensions, and the data which underlies it, requires expert colleagues to help our partners and clients realise the huge potential that such an interlinked and diverse view brings to any research related analysis. To keep pace with the rapid uptake of Dimensions in the research community, we’re expanding our Dimensions sales and implementation team with senior product specialists.
About the Role
If you love complex challenges, working with clients to help them achieve their goals and have a passion for the research analysis space – we can offer you a vibrant and dedicated team as a professional home. Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Identify potential clients and create opportunities to sell Dimensions
- Listen to and understand prospective clients’ business needs and use-cases and match these to Dimensions tools and services
- Support our regional sales teams in their work with clients
- Work with the Marketing teams to create insightful, relevant, client-facing communication with Dimensions, such as custom demos, webinars and sales materials
- Support client engagement with trainings and workshops – onsite and online
- Speak about Dimensions at conferences and gatherings
- Proven sales experience in the areas of research discovery, administration, assessment, strategy and/or funding in the academic sector
- Experience of selling information solutions/software
- Comfortable working in a growing, fast-paced environment where things are changing quickly.
- Experience and ability in hands-on work with data and analysis in a client-driven context would be an advantage.
- Team player, but also comfortable working independently.
- Strong relationship building skills and communication skills, both verbal and written, in English (having additional european language(s) would also be an advantage).
- A relevant degree level qualification
- Familiarity with APIs and data science tools
What we can offer you
- A chance to help change the world of research discovery, analysis, and assessment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Absolutely, completely fantastic colleagues!
- Value-driven, inclusive company culture
- Potential for growth and advancement
- Remote working with about 30-40% travel (pandemics permitting!)