Publisher/Enterprise Sales Manager – Writefull
Digital Science |
Who we are
At Writefull, we use the latest developments from the field of Natural Language Processing to offer automatic feedback on academic writing. We have an editor made especially for researchers, in which they can write their text and get feedback instantly. We also offer our services to businesses such as publishers. We are growing rapidly, supported by our lead investor and partner Digital Science, and are expanding our team to serve our growing pool of users!
We’re based in The Netherlands, but for the time being, we work remotely from The Netherlands, the UK, and Spain. The position of Publisher/Enterprise Sales Manager is also remote.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a lead Enterprise Sales Manager. In this role, you will locate and draw customers to Writefull. Think publishers, universities and writing centers, who want to offer Writefull to their students/customers. At Writefull, we have mostly focused on B2C promotion so far, but we are now experiencing a lot of growth in the B2B context.
As this is a remote position, the person hired for this position should be self-motivated and display a high level of independent judgment and decision-making. Travel to conferences, customer sites and company meetings will be required.
We are looking for someone to join us full-time, starting ASAP.
- Identify and qualify opportunities for Writefull’s products to aid customers;
- Be confident in defining and communicating the differentiated value of Writefull to the customer, both at the technical and business level;
- Work with the rest of the team to build case studies and reference cases to showcase Writefull’s ability to deliver business value to the customer;
- Understand both the formal and informal buying processes in the customer’s environment, to manage leads through to closing;
- Be proactive in communicating with the extended Writefull team around all aspects of client and opportunity status & development – and ask for help when you need it;
- Develop a suitable pipeline (3x-5x) of qualified opportunities to meet and exceed your targets;
- Meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota on a consistent basis.
Daily tasks will include developing and successfully implementing your sales strategy, following up on leads and opportunities, providing sales presentations and demos to help close opportunities, developing client proposals and contracts, and working with other team members as needed.
What you bring to Writefull
- Direct knowledge of, and connections in the scientific publishing and research enterprise space
- An understanding of the technology used and required in the scientific publishing and research enterprise space
- A high level of software sales experience as an inside or outside representative with a demonstrated history to consistently meet or exceed performance targets
- A demonstrated ability to build and manage complex customer relationships
- A demonstrated ability to manage complex sales cycles including the ability to provide coordination with the extended Writefull team
- A demonstrated ability and background in communicating/positioning software technology
- Excellent organizational/project management skills
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals, objectives and deadlines
- Enthusiasm, self starter and a desire to grow with the company and try out new things!
- Significant experience in Sales role, ideally in a technology company
- Experience dealing with a diverse range of customers spanning industries and tailoring approach accordingly
- The ability to put together marketing material for client presentations and to use in exhibitions
- Working for a startup or small company for at least 2 years
- Interest in scholarly research and scholarly publishing is ideal
- Interest in language or academic writing is ideal
- Experience working in scholarly research or publishing industries, and having an active network there, is a plus
- Understanding of Artificial Intelligence and Deep Learning models is a plus
- 25 days annual leave
- Conference & training budget (incl. international travel)
- Flexible working hours and location