QA Automation Tester – Iasi
Digital Science |
Figshare is an all-in-one research repository, holding millions of bibliographic records from various disciplines such as life and health sciences, engineering, physics or social sciences. Started by Mark Hahnel during his PhD as a publishing platform for negative results and other non-traditional research outputs, Figshare evolved during the years towards a repository suitable for a large array of stakeholders such as researchers, universities, publishers or funders.
As an Automation Tester, you will participate in testing activities for the entire figshare platform, provide input on implementation details for various scenarios, analyse functionalities that are developed and create scenarios. You will implement those scenarios using the automation frameworks available. Communication with the developers, product owner, business analyst, and project manager will be part of your day to day activities.
- Design and implement automated tests to cover regression and sanity for old and new features
- Determine priorities for test scenarios and maximize test coverage
- Use and maintain the available automation frameworks for UI and API (written in python)
- Research, recommend and implement new tools needed for increasing automation
- Analyse daily execution reports and provide feedback to the team
- Experience with Automation tools (at least one): Selenium (IDE/RC/Web Driver), Jmeter, QTP, SoapUI
- Knowledge of OOP
- Experience with performance testing
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Knowledge of version control tools, especially Git
- Familiar with Linux, Jira and CI tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Understanding of web applications/high-level understanding of RESTful services
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal.
- MySQL/ MariaDB and general relational databases knowledge;
- Performance and security testing experience;
- Experience with test-driven development;
- Experience combining both automated and manual testing.
Being able to work independently would be considered a big plus and a degree of fluency in English (spoken and written) would help.
As a company, work-life balance is very important to us, we have flexible working hours. Also we have a fun and dedicated team, competitive salary, training budget.