Search engineer – Enhancing data served with Dimensions
Digital Science | Europe
With Dimensions, Digital Science launched an innovative research data and tool infrastructure. We deliver context by taking different data sets out of their silos to create a heavily interlinked overarching dataset that described the whole research lifecycle: from funding input (grants), through research outputs (publications and datasets) and translation / application of research results (clinical trials, patents), attention (altmetrics and citations) and finally to policy-level impact (mentions of research results in policy papers).
In total, Dimensions today contains more than 150 million documents with more than 4 billion connections between these records.
Digital Science has offices in Germany, Romania, US and UK, serving clients globally.
At Digital Science we are looking for a Search Engineer (based in Europe) to enhance and automate the population of our Solr cores and to improve the search performance regarding speed and quality.
You will be part of the team putting together and serving the data for Dimensions, an experienced and well skilled technical team, with a clear vision of the technological and engineering goal within the exciting setting of an international and agile company. You will also participate in daily standups, meetings and video calls on a regular basis to synchronise and communicate with a very international team distributed all over Europe.
- Solving academia industry search challenges by evaluating search results and improving retrieval quality
- Designing and implementing data workflows
- Hands-on automation and orchestration of Solr core population
- Optimising Solr for best search performance
- Consult internal developers on making the best use of our Solr systems
- Work with Jira, Confluence, G Suite, etc.
We are Looking for
- A great team player (hungry, humble, smart) with an agile mindset and good communications skills
- Writing well-structured and tested code that easily scales to enterprise level
- In-depth knowledge of Solr or Elastic search
- Basic operations and admin skills
- At least a good technological understanding of Java & Python, AWS, Kubernetes, Linux
- Decent English (speaking & writing)
What We Offer
- Be part of our international team distributed all over the globe. Location is not a factor. Digital Science is a distributed company, where many employees work full time from home. If you prefer to go to an office, we have offices in London, Glasgow, Cologne, and Iași
- Work within the interesting domain of academic/scientific research
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Handpick your hardware