Senior Account Executive – Enterprise Sales at Readcube
Digital Science |
ReadCube develops software to make the world of research more accessible and connected – serving researchers, publishers, academic and commercial organizations. ReadCube Papers’ newly launched web, desktop, and mobile reference management apps, dramatically transform the way millions of researchers find, organize, read, share, cite and access research literature at 4500+ research institutions worldwide.
ReadCube is supported by Digital Science, a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities, at the laboratory bench or in a research setting. It invests in and incubates scientific software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery.
More about the role:
The enterprise market is the fastest-growing segment for our business – and we are just scratching the surface. You’d be joining as a senior member of our rapidly expanding Enterprise Sales team reporting into the SVP of Enterprise Sales.
To succeed in this role, you need to be sales focused and customer orientated. You like selling innovative technologies that solve your customer’s challenges. You have a knack for identifying decision-makers and influencers as well as asking the right questions along the way. You have excellent communication skills – you know what to say and more importantly, how to say it. You like having the opportunity to work with other parts of the business as well as participating in broader product / strategic discussions. You can see yourself thriving in a smaller team with a phenomenal product, big ideas, and a track record of success.
What we need you to do:
- Identify and qualify opportunities for ReadCube Papers’ enterprise literature management, collaboration tools, and document-delivery solutions and to collaborate with colleagues representing other Digital Science portfolios for complex integrated solutions.
- Communicate the value of our enterprise services to customers, both at the technical and business level;
- Manage a pipeline of inbound and self-sourced leads to identify, engage, and develop relationships
- Consistently meet or exceed your quarterly and annual sales quota
- Work with marketing and inside sales team to enable lead generation and awareness
- Be proactive in communicating with the extended ReadCube team around all aspects of client and opportunity status & development – and ask for help when you need it
- Other day-to-day tasks: will include developing and successfully implementing your segment sales strategy, following up on leads and opportunities, providing sales presentations and demos to help close opportunities, keeping Salesforce up to date, and developing client proposals and contracts.
What you bring to ReadCube:
- SAAS software sales experience as an inside or outside representative with a demonstrated history to consistently meet or exceed 7 figure annual performance targets
- Significant experience selling software in the scientific and research enterprise space.
- An understanding of the technology used and required in the scientific and research enterprise space.
- Demonstrated STM and Publishing technology experience
- A demonstrated ability to sell into biotechnology, life science, therapeutic, agtech, nanotechnology, pharma, healthcare, and medical device sectors
- A demonstrated ability to prospect for, qualify and close 5 and 6 figure sales
- A demonstrated ability to build and manage complex customer relationships and sales cycles
- A demonstrated ability and background in communicating/positioning software technology
- Great presentation skills, organization and project management skills
- Sense of urgency necessary to meet goals and deadlines
What we offer you:
An opportunity to build new ways of working and to make a difference in a growing business. As well as;
- Start-up environment and mindset that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Salary in line with market rate
- The opportunity to work flexibly or from home where feasible
- A great benefits package.