Senior DevOps Engineer – Dimensions
Digital Science | Iasi, Romania
At Digital Science we are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to contribute to our Dimensions platform in Iasi, Romania. As a DevOps Engineer, you will manage infrastructure and development tools, provide automations, define and follow software release processes. You will be part of an experienced and well skilled technical team, with a clear vision of the technological and engineering goal within the exciting setting of an international and agile company.
With Dimensions, Digital Science launched an innovative research data and tool infrastructure, broadening the view of the research landscape after decades of focus on the publication/citation complex. The guiding principle, to deliver context, was to take different data sets out of their silos to create a heavily interlinked overarching dataset that described the whole research lifecycle: from funding input (grants), through research outputs (publications) and translation/application of research results (clinical trials, patents), attention (altmetric and citations) and finally to policy-level impact (mentions of research results in policy papers).
In total, Dimensions today contains more than 170 million documents with more than 4 billion connections between these records. For more information please visit https://dimensions.ai or try the free version of the Dimensions app at https://app.dimensions.ai. Dimensions has offices in Germany, Romania, US and UK, serving clients globally.
- Improve our Continuous Integration processes and tools.
- Put into place release processes, infrastructure and tools. Our aim is a highly automated continuous delivery process.
- Put into place monitoring and analysis infrastructure and tools to help us understand and improve the reliability, scalability and performance of our systems.
- Architect and administer the infrastructure.
- Design, implement and enhance data access security
- Help the development team to bring their software from testing to production
- Work in an agile environment
- Strong experience with Python programming (e.g. boto, fabric, pyramid)
- Strong experience with Linux administration and shell scripting
- Hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure (EC2, S3, VPC, Route53, RDS,…)
- Database knowledge (e.g. PostgreSQL, Apache Solr, MongoDB, etc.)
- Relevant experience in a DevOps, software development, or SysAdmin Job
- Experience with the Docker ecosystem and fluent with docker-compose. Ideally work experience with container orchestration systems for managing large infrastructure (e.g. Rancher, kubernetes).
- Experience in distributed software development using git or a similar tool
- Desire to learn and improve while keeping things as simple as possible
- Understanding of agile methodologies
- Must be a self-learner, possessing inherent inquisitiveness
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, communications, and organizational skills
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent
What We Offer
- Be part of an international team distributed all over the globe
- Relaxed work environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours