System Administrator – Iasi
Digital Science | Iași, Romania
System Administrator role is a hands-on technical role. The ideal candidate will be a Sys Admin looking to step up into their next role. The role would suit someone who wants to remain ‘hands-on technical’ while transferring knowledge and developing new skills in a small team. This role would suit an IT generalist, rather than a specialist. It will involve remote supporting Digital Science’s world-wide user base so strong written and spoken English required and a good communicator.
Digital Science is a technology company working to make research more efficient. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open and effective. Our portfolio includes admired brands including Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, ReadCube, Symplectic, IFI Claims, GRID, Overleaf, Labguru, BioRAFT, PeerWith, TetraScience and Transcriptic. We believe that together, we can help researchers make a difference. Digital Science has offices in UK, Romania, Germany and US, serving clients globally.
- Keeping systems and users compliant with GDPR audits
- Knowledge and experience with Onboarding & Offboarding of staff, communicating with HR
- Writing relevant documentation on everyday processes
- Keeping inventory up-to-date
- Regular team meetings and updates
- Supporting Office 365 also softphone applications
Skills that we are looking for:
- Passionate about delivering great customer service and the ability to communicate across all levels.
- Highly organised, ability to work independently. Understanding of SLA’s and KPI’s
- Excellent technical skills and ability to maintain an overview of all systems and how they work together.
- Able to manage and prioritize a varied workload under pressure.
- A team player who values the success, reputation and growth of the team
- Previous work experience administering a range of IT applications and infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of Windows 10 and/or Mac OS
- G Suite admin experience and comprehensive knowledge of AD/LDAP, DaaS, SaaS, IAM and Directory Services.
- Comfortable with LDAP, RADIUS, DNS, VPN, LAN, WAN, IP/TCP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
Technologies you’ll be working with:
- Windows 10, MacOS, client OS, Android & iPhones – installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, building.
- Web Apps: Confluence, Jira, Netsuite, Salesforce, Concur, JumpCloud, Zoom, Slack, G Suite Administration, Office 365 Administration, Service Desk, RingCentral.
Qualifications such as CCNA or MCSA are highly desirable.
Some project work involved but aren’t limited to:
- G Suite integration
- AV rollout
- Computer and device inventory and encryption
- Documentation and policies processes
What We Offer
- Be part of an international team distributed all over the globe
- Relaxed work environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- On a rainy day you can choose to work remotely, so most communication happens via video calls using Google Hangout
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Flexible working hours
- Hand pick your hardware