Team Assistant – London
Digital Science | London
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and attention to detail to join Digital Science as a Team Assistant for 6 months. Reporting to the Business Operations Manager, the Team Assistant will provide administrative support to the Executive team to help them make the best use of their time and communicate well with the wider management team and portfolio companies.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a technology company working to make research more efficient. It invests in, nurtures and supports innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open and effective. The portfolio companies include admired brands including Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, ReadCube, Symplectic, IFI Claims, GRID, Overleaf, CC Technology, Labguru, BioRAFT, TetraScience and Transcriptic.
- Managing diaries for the Executive Team including travel, hotels etc.
- Taking ownership of monthly Executive Team and Group Leader meetings and additional strategy and off-site meetings
- Coordinating internal and external meetings across teams and locations, including room booking or conference calls
- Processing travel and entertainment expenses for the Executive Team
- Making purchases and processing purchase card expenses for Business Operations Team and Portfolios
- Creating and maintaining a list of recommended hotels, external meeting rooms, catering services and restaurants in our key business regions i.e. DS and customer office locations
- Creating and maintaining a list of existing global business accounts for vendors, preferred suppliers etc
- Supporting Executive Team with presentation formatting, collating agendas and following up on actions as needed.
- Providing ad-hoc support for Marketing and Events teams
- Other cross functional support as needed
Key Skills & Experience
- Excellent attention to detail, organised and a natural problem solver
- Experience with managing complex diaries and booking meetings
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and comfortable working with internal and external stakeholders across various levels of seniority
- Experience in supporting a team of people and managing multiple projects simultaneously, whilst being able to identify priorities
- Someone who is resourceful and uses their own initiative
- Proactive in following-up and confident in managing conflicting requests and expectations
- Strong interpersonal skills and is always approachable and professional
- Experience in working with cross functional teams across various locations and time-zones
- Confident using different or new software and systems, expenses document management, G Suite, etc.
What we can offer you:
- A start-up environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary and annual leave
- Flexible working arrangements where appropriate