TECHNICAL PRODUCT SUPPORT MANAGER
Europe | London or remote in UK/Europe
September 14, 2021
London or remote in UK/Europe
Altmetric is looking for a Technical Product Support Manager to join its growing client services team. We’re after someone who is detail-oriented, skilled at explaining complex information simply and keen to help our users make the most out of their access to our products and data.
Altmetric is a technology company dedicated to helping researchers and those who support them better track, understand and demonstrate the reach and influence of their work. Our customers include some of the world’s largest universities, scholarly publishers, research funders, and pharmaceutical companies.
About the role
As a result of Altmetric’s continuously growing user base and the increasing interest from customers to make direct use of our data and API, we have established a brand new role in the team: Technical Product Support Manager.
As the primary internal point of contact for complex customer queries, data reviews and implementations, you’ll work closely with the existing Customer Support Manager, partner with the Product Managers and Development teams to get new customers up and running, resolve customer issues, and be a subject-matter expert in technical customer conversations.
Whether you’re digging into a sticky issue, gathering information for an upcoming implementation, talking a customer through their technical options, or working with the team to spec out new internal tools, you’ll need to be proactive about delivering timely and expert service, and have a great eye for detail.
The location for this role is flexible, and the successful candidate could choose to work remotely, or from one of our offices in London, Iași or Boston.
Your key tasks will include:
- Answering technical support tickets, performing an initial issue diagnosis, and liaising with the relevant Product Managers to report and resolve technical issues
- Working with our onboarding team, our customers and Product Managers to deliver successful implementations – gathering necessary information and creating tickets for the development team to work on
- Providing technical support to the sales teams, e.g. joining calls to review potential implementations, conduct data reviews and assist customers in understanding API use cases and integration options in their existing platforms
- Performing user acceptance testing (UAT) for customer implementations, publisher content tracking, and related bug fixes
- Spotting trends in technical support issues and working with Product Development to identify long-term solutions or improvements
- Acting as stakeholder for internal tooling improvements, ensuring the needs of the customer support team are represented
We’re looking for:
- Experience in a customer-facing SaaS support/implementations role, QA role or equivalent
- Previous experience in a library or publishing environment, and an understanding of common workflows and systems
- Adept at translating complex technical issues and liaising between internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent project and time management skills, and a keen eye for detail
- An understanding of basic programming concepts such as variables, loops and functions
- Foundational knowledge of databases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Some basic knowledge of XML & HTML
- Comfortable grasping complex technical concepts, and an eagerness to build on existing technical literacy
- A proactive approach and commitment to providing a great customer experience
Life at Altmetric
Our offices are based in The Smithson building, in Clerkenwell, London. As a portfolio company of Digital Science, we share our space with other scientific start-ups including figshare, Overleaf & Symplectic. Many of our teamwork remotely around the UK, Europe and the US, but the office is always welcoming for when you’d like it – and several of our team are in at least a few days a week. (Outside of these unusual times, of course.)
As a company, we’re proud to offer:
- A focus on work-life balance – flexible working hours and an on-demand employee wellness program
- Remote and in-office working with ease – we’re comfortable and productive anywhere!
- A competitive salary
- The tech to get you up and running – a MacBook provided as standard
- An annual training & conference budget, including international travel
- Regular remote and (when we can) in-person fun
Our team is diverse with a huge mix of backgrounds, languages, locations, and life experiences! We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our company can only be made better this way.
Interested in joining our team? Please apply here – we look forward to meeting you!