Technical Support Engineer
Digital Science | Iasi, Romania
Due to its increasing number of clients and offered facilities, Figshare is looking for a new member for its support, implementations and data migrations team. Technical support engineers ensure that Figshare’s clients use the platform at its full potential, both by applying all required platform configurations and customizations. and by resolving any potential issues users might encounter.
Technical support engineers are the first technical contact for Figshare’s customers, acting as a liaison between account managers and Figshare’s development team on a day-to-day basis. The two client lifecycle stages in which support engineers are involved in are the implementation, when a customized Figshare portal is delivered to clients, and support which ensures that any issue encountered by end users is resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
Figshare is a highly-distributed team, with employees in the UK, Romania, US, South Africa and Australia. As working remotely is popular in the team, a high degree of autonomy in carrying tasks is appreciated. Technical support team members are expected to have good command of English, and demonstrate creativity in solving any issue reported by Fighsare’s users.
- Excellent command of English, written and verbal;
- Hands-on experience with customer support;
- Good time management skills;
- MySQL/ MariaDB and general relational databases knowledge;
- Understanding of web applications and APIs;
- Linux tooling experience.
- Python scripting;
- Understanding of CSV, JSON, XML, RDF tools;
- Knowledge in the areas of repositories, Open Access mandates, bibliographic metadata standards and general research management;
- Experience with storage systems (Amazon S3, OpenStack Swift);
- Experience with single sign-on solutions (Shibboleth, Microsoft AD)
- Amazon Web Services experience;
- Technical writing;
- Experience with test-driven development.
As a company, work-life balance is very important to us: we have flexible working hours and our teams are setup to enable people to regularly work from home. Also we offer a great office location, a fun and dedicated team, competitive salary, training budget, team building, Christmas party and of course good coffee 🙂