Technical Support Specialist
Digital Science | Europe
We are looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our growing team. Based in Europe – Romania, Germany, UK, Spain, Netherlands, Croatia or Denmark.
ReadCube develops software to make the world of research more accessible and connected – serving researchers, publishers, academic and commercial organizations. ReadCube Papers’ suite of web, desktop, and mobile reference management apps, dramatically transforms the way millions of researchers find, organize, read, share, cite and access research literature.
ReadCube is supported by Digital Science, a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities, at the laboratory bench or in a research setting. It invests in and incubates scientific software companies that simplify the research cycle, making more time for discovery.
About the Role
At ReadCube Papers, Technical Support Specialists play a key role in our success as a company. As the first point of contact, a perfect candidate must aspire to be a fantastic advocate for our users, delivering superior service and helping design the best support policies and processes possible. A strong work ethic, communication skills, technical savvy and high levels of empathy are paramount to this position. We want someone who is ready to take on a variety of responsibilities while simultaneously executing at a high level on tough service issues.
What you bring to ReadCube:
- Want to join a fast-paced environment.
- Have a talent for explanation, and can convey ideas in concise ways that are immediately understandable by others.
- Love PC and Mac users equally and are willing to help them circumnavigate any technical issues they encounter.
- Have smarts, drive, and a love of efficiency.
- Are capable of keeping track of many different threads at the same time and create priorities.
- Relate well to people, and believe that compassion and trust build good customer relationships.
- Are not easily frustrated and are a strong problem solver.
- Identify, prioritize, and escalate issues cross-functionally for quick problem-solving.
- Are keen to learn new skills and have big ideas
- Have 2 years in software customer service / IT Help Desk. If you don’t have formal experience – but think you’d be a perfect fit for this role – tell us why in your cover letter!
What we need you to do:
- Be the resident expert for all the ReadCube Papers products inside and out.
- Respond to, troubleshoot, and solve support inquiries via email and online chat.
- Become a detective when investigating user issues – you’ll need equal parts tech-savvy, creative, and patient. Experience of replicating bugs, gathering information, walking customers through extracting log files and manual reinstallations would be great.
- Be proactive in offering thoughtful, strategic insight regarding customer needs to our Customer Support Lead, product, marketing, and technology teams. As part of the support team, you are the closest person to the users, so you are their voice!
- Most importantly, be ready to leave ReadCube Papers users stunned by the quality of our support!
What we offer you:
An opportunity to build new ways of working and make a difference in a growing business. As well as;
- Start-up environment and mindset that values innovation, initiative, and energy
- Competitive salary in line with market rate
- Flexible working
- A good benefits package.