Digital Science | London
We are looking for a UX intern to work alongside our experienced UX team for an initial period of 3 months. During this paid internship you will support the team in designing innovative products that help researchers with various aspects of their workflow.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a technology company working to make research more efficient. It invests in, nurtures and supports innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open and effective. The portfolio companies include admired brands including Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, ReadCube, Symplectic, IFI Claims, GRID, Overleaf, CC Technology, Labguru, BioRAFT, TetraScience and Transcriptic.
We believe that new challenges facing research need a new approach. We are on the lookout for talented individuals who share our passion for shaping the future by contributing new ideas and bringing them to life.
- Assisting the UX team with creating wireframes and interactive prototypes based on product requirements
- Helping to Iterate on design concepts
- Assisting with custom branding of Digital Science products
- Creating detailed specs for developers
- Assisting with visual and UX QA of the products
- Creating site maps and user flows
- Studying towards (or completed) a degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. design, interaction design, human-computer interactions)
- Critical thinking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Strong understanding of design principles
- Passion for technology and following the latest design trends
- Ability to communicate design decisions clearly and effectively
- Ability to create documentation
- Experience with mainstream tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch. (FramerX is a plus)
- Ability to create UI graphics including icons, infographics, and UI elements
- Ability to sketch your ideas
- A design portfolio is a must
What we can offer you:
- A paid internship at a competitive rate
- Annual leave (pro-rated for length of internship)
- A start-up environment that values innovation, initiative, and energy
To apply, please send your CV and portfolio.