Client Support Manager (APAC)
Digital Science |
We are looking for a Client Support Manager to join our international team of experts to provide first-class support to our Digital Science clientbase and lead the adoption of a major new expansion of one of our current product offerings in 2021.
Digital Science is a technology company serving the needs of scientific and research communities at key points along the full cycle of research. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.
We’re on a mission to shake up the world of research and make working life simpler and more productive. Researchers worldwide spend a lot of time, and energy on research. It’s a source of identity and inspiration, but it can also be a source of frustration – so it’s important we work to improve researchers’ experience, it’s one of the things we at Digital Science have set out to do.
In our latest major development project, we’re expanding the scope of Elements and introducing a new suite of functionality designed to support the management of research funding workflows. The Elements Research Funding Solution (RFS) brings together research information management and research funding activities in a single cloud-hosted solution. It has been designed to support institutions with both pre and post-award activities including communicating funding opportunities, facilitating proposal development, coordinating internal reviews and approvals and managing project administration, post-award milestones and reporting.
About the role
This new role will both develop a deep understanding of Symplectic Elements and its Research Funding Solution (RFS) to support client roll-out and adoption initiatives and provide ongoing operational support for Digital Science’s products such as Altmetric Explorer and Dimensions, as well as Symplectic Elements.
As a Client Support Manager you will become a trusted partner for our clients and work with a remote but highly supportive cross-functional team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop a deep understanding of the Symplectic Elements platform and be able to expertly communicate to both internal and external parties its current and future capabilities
- Provide 1st line support for Digital Science products such as Symplectic Elements, Dimensions and Altmetric Explorer
- Lead the onboarding of new Elements clients and those wishing to expand their use of Elements to also support the management of research funding workflows
- Coordinate tasks to successfully progress deployment in collaboration with Symplectic’s product and management team
- Provide detailed responses to ad hoc client enquiries to support their ongoing use of our systems
- Gather and report on customer use cases and user requirements to share with Digital Science’s product and management teams so as to inform product development and operational support
- Contribute to the development of client-facing communications, including custom product demonstrations, written explanations of features including input into RFP responses, webinar content and sales and training collateral
- Support our regional sales teams in their work throughout the sales process
- Conduct client engagement, training and workshops – both onsite and remote (as per travel guidance)
- Speak about our products at conferences and other research community events.
As a Client Support Manager at Digital Science you will ultimately have the opportunity to interact with our clients located across the globe, but in the first instance we envisage your time will be spent with clients within the Asia Pacific region, including major academic institutions, non-profit organisations and funders of research.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- A positive, collaborative, inquisitive and inclusive mindset
- Experience of working with interconnected software and data systems, including digital repositories or institutional research data management systems
- Knowledge of the research funding environment and a good understanding of research funding workflows and/or research project finance
- Excellent verbal and written communication and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to create engaging content
- Highly tuned organisational skills and ability to work with a high level of autonomy
- Ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understandable manner
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Leadership skills
- Experience with ticketing-based customer support systems
- Ability and willingness to make justifiable decisions without all the information
- An awareness of the current research funding environment in relation to open science, research performance assessment and impact.
Further information about this role
- This position is a remote position based in Australia (Eastern states preferred)
- This position is full time, based on weekday (Monday – Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. Due to the global nature of our clients and team, out of local business hours meetings will likely be required.
- This role may be suitable for flexible working arrangements, subject to approval.
- This role may require some domestic and international travel.