Conference & Events Manager – Digital Science
Digital Science | UK or US
About the Role
We are looking for a Conference & Events manager to join our friendly team. Reporting to the Head of Brand, you will take ownership of organising Digital Science presence at over 40 conferences worldwide
Why Digital Science?
We believe that new challenges facing research need a new approach. We are on the lookout for talented individuals who share our passion for shaping the future by contributing new ideas and bringing them to life. We are an energetic, inclusive and creative team. Our main offices are in London and many of our people work flexibly from home. Our team includes professionals with backgrounds in public relations, marketing, brand and nanochemistry and now we need someone with event experience. We’re looking for a trailblazing, collaborative and organised colleague. If that’s you, then your next home may be with us.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- To build strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders and become a point of contact for events
- To liaise with sales and marketing teams to ensure DS attendance at an event is publicised and promoted
- Managing event budgets from start to finish
- Producing post-event evaluation to inform future events
What we need is someone with:
- Highly-organised skills and attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Capacity and willingness to work from home/remotely
- Willingness to travel internationally for events
- Project management experience
- Interest in creating content related to the key conference topics and speakers
- Previous experience working for an events company or in a conference organisation role is a plus
In return, we offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work remotely where feasible.