Data & API Engineer – Dimensions
Digital Science | Remote
Purpose of the Role
As a Data & API Engineer, you are a critical member of the Dimensions engineering and architecture team. You will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining APIs and their communication with the down-stream systems. You will be able to stay in the leading edge of development of Dimensions data products and shape their future by making them more user-friendly, innovative and efficient.
You will be a part of the Dimensions Data Solutions team, which engages directly with customers and end-users in order to address customer needs, evangelise our platform and iteratively improve our products based on feedback.
- Design, build and launch new API features based on our Dimensions Search Language (DSL)
- Create scalable infrastructure solutions backing the API functionalities, in particular by leveraging Google Big Query functionalities.
- Contribute to answering technical questions from customers, including the creation of data aggregations, data visualizations or other statistical analysis of large datasets.
- Work with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs.
- 2+ years full-time development experience with Python
- Experience designing and implementing (REST) APIs
- Experience with cloud-based architectures, AWS and Knative, Docker containers
- Experience with or interest in building domain specific languages (DSL), for example using Antlr
- Familiarity with ETL, data processing and/or data mining techniques
- Python, Jupyter notebooks and data analytics libraries e.g. Pandas
- SQL and noSQL search technologies, especially SOLR and Google Big Query
- Web technologies, scripting languages and data visualization tools.
- Proactive problem solver and data analyst, capable of prototyping solutions as well as presenting results to non-technical audiences
- Capable of working autonomously and responsibly on projects and complete them effectively
- Fluent in English, good communication and collaboration skills in particular in the context of a geographically distributed team
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience