Full-stack Developer – Figshare
Digital Science | Iași, Romania
At Figshare we are looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Full-stack Developer to join our growing team in Iasi, Romania.
Figshare is a London-based startup that has built a platform where users can securely store, share, and manage their research outputs. The platform allows users to upload any file format so that figures, datasets, code, and other research products can be disseminated in a way that the current scholarly communication and publishing model does not allow.
Figshare is part of Digital Science. For more information, visit: http://figshare.com
- Develop the backend of the platform and client-side functionality using Python, NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, AMQP, TDD/BDD
- Work in an Agile environment organized according to the SCRUM process
- Collaborate with an international team of software developers
- Learn new technologies and enhance your programming skills
- Be part of a team implementing a large and complex platform
We are looking for people with experience in:
- Web development
- Strong experience with programming
- Willingness to learn and work with Python
- Technologies and frameworks (NodeJS, SQL/NoSQL, AMQP, TDD/BDD)
- Familiar with cross-browser bugs/inconsistencies and common debugging tools
- Software architectures
- Strong desire to write great code
- Very strong self-discipline and management, pragmatic
- Using task management software
- Working with AGILE methodologies (SCRUM)
Being able to work independently would be considered a big plus and a degree of fluency in English (spoken and written) would help.
As a company, work-life balance is very important to us: we have flexible working hours, and our teams are set up to enable people to regularly work from home. Also, we offer a great office location, a fun and dedicated team, competitive salary, training budget, team building, Christmas party, and of course good coffee 🙂
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org