Technical Integration Engineer
Digital Science | Iași, Romania
Symplectic is the world’s leading developer of integrated research information management systems and our flagship product Elements is used by hundreds of thousands of researchers based in universities and other research intensive organisations across the globe.
Created in 2003 by four friends studying for their PhDs, Symplectic has now grown into a successful international business, with over 30 employees spanning 3 continents – but it still retains the cultural feel of a startup.
Symplectic is part of the Digital Science group of companies, all working towards making research smarter, more collaborative, and more efficient.
We are looking for an outstanding individual to join Symplectic’s Client Services team.
We are seeking someone who is dedicated to providing high-quality client services; someone who will work closely with our customers and help them solve problems.
You should have very good English verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate with clients clearly and persuasively. You need to be an analytical problem-solver, who can take clients through the troubleshooting process in a calm and methodical manner.
You will be a self-motivated individual who is independent and can work effectively as a part of a collaborative global team. You will show initiative and be eager to share your ideas and learn from others, and take pride in producing high-quality work.
About The Role
The Technical Integration Engineer is responsible for providing high quality technical services to clients throughout implementation projects. This may include performing data migrations and imports, data integrations, as well as data cleansing & analysis. You will work across C#, XML, SQL and CSV, to provide technical integration services for data feeds, repository integrations and integrations with web profile systems.
The Technical Integration Engineer will also be responsible for building custom solutions based on common toolsets, and contributing to designing and extending those toolsets.
Additionally, the Technical Integration Engineer is responsible for providing outstanding customer services throughout the technical integration activities and ensuring seamless transitions to other members of the implementations, support and development teams. The scope of role reaches through the analysis, design, build, test, implementation and support phases. It plays a key role in ensuring implementing clients have positive implementation experiences which result in effectively integrated systems and data.
The Technical Integration Engineer reports to the VP Client Services at Symplectic as a key member of the Client Services team. The Technical Integration Engineer works closely with the Implementation Managers as well as with colleagues across the Product and Development team to deliver exemplary implementations for our clients.
Technical Integration services
- Assist in the analysis of business requirements during the integration phase in collaboration with business stakeholders and the product development team.
- Perform data migrations and imports, data integrations, as well as data cleansing & analysis.
- Deliver repository integrations including crosswalking and configuration services.
- Oversee multiple concurrent work streams in line with agreed customer requirements and timelines.
- Liaise with customers on a regular basis, across a range of online tools to ensure active and continued project collaboration by all parties.
- Investigate and provide answers to detailed technical questions from clients.
- Offer ‘hands-on’ integration and configuration assistance as required.
- Assist with technical troubleshooting and responding to reported errors.
- Be the primary point of contact for clients undergoing technical integrations.
- Facilitate client communication throughout implementations, providing empathy and understanding and helping clients cope with the uncertainty of working with new systems.
- Assist clients to articulate and analyse their business and workflow needs.
- Proactively advise customers on how best to integrate Symplectic software with external systems, including data import/export advice.
- Triage issues and determine a resolution path whilst providing outstanding service.
- Maintain knowledge and skills in data analytics and research information management as well as in related systems such as digital repositories, open access, researcher profile systems, and search and indexing services in order to support core integrations.
- Contribute to the development and continual improvement of integration processes and practices.
- Participate in technical discussions with the Product and Development team.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across wider Digital Science goals as appropriate.
Required Knowledge and Experience
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and maintain strong team relationships.
- Technical proficiency and experience in system and support services.
- Experience with data manipulation such as analysis, data cleaning and data migrations.
Desirable Knowledge and Experience
- Experience working with C#, XML, SQL and CSV.
- Experience in delivering the implementation of complex systems involving large volumes of data.
- Knowledge and experience in the Academic Research Environment in relation to systems, technologies, or research information management.
Further information about this role
- This position is suitable for remote work.
- This position is full time, based on weekdays (Monday – Friday) attendance with scheduling flexibility available around core working hours. This role may be suitable for flexible working arrangements, subject to approval.
- This role may require some travel.