Digital Science expands Executive Team for AI future
Tuesday 20 June 2023
Digital Science – a technology company and part of the research community serving stakeholders right across the research ecosystem – has expanded its Executive Team to reflect its current steep growth trajectory and further develop its market-leading capabilities in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and related technologies.
During 2023, Digital Science has focused on more integrated experiences for its customers, building on the close working relationships it has developed with its customers and offering multi-product experiences as products become more integrated across all different markets. This integrated approach will not only realize more benefits for customers, but also offer new solutions to pressing research problems as new technologies come on stream.
In terms of AI and machine learning, Digital Science has been leading in this and associated technologies for many years with products such as Dimensions and Writefull. At the forefront of trust and integrity, it recently launched Dimensions Research Integrity which uses AI to track the presence of several Trust Markers across tens of millions of publications worldwide, enabling fully-customized reports and dashboards to be created.
To build on this platform, Digital Science has made a number of changes to expand and enhance its Executive Team (see full team below):
- Daniel Hook will continue as CEO. Reporting to Daniel, Mario Diwersy will continue as CTO, and Steve Leicht moves from COO to become the first President of Digital Science
- Kathy Christian and Christian Herzog move into new roles as Chief Portfolio Officer and Chief Product Officer respectively
- New additions to the Executive Team include Alex Hodgson as Chief Sales Officer (previously Chief Commercial officer at ReadCube), Paula del Campo as COO (previously Global Director of Operations), Larry Herb (CFO), Mark Sweny (Chief Counsel) and Beth Sarabia (Chief Customer Officer)
- Digital Science has also appointed a new Chief People Officer, Liam Donnelly, who has joined the team on an interim basis to enhance Digital Science’s people focus and appoint a long-term successor
- Alison Mitchell joins both Digital Science and the Executive team in the newly created position as Chief of Staff from Springer Nature.
Commenting on the changes, CEO Daniel Hook, said: “As Digital Science grows, it is increasingly important for us to hear voices from across the company. Our new structure ensures that we can hear voices across the business and so better serve our diverse set of clients and partners.”
Further details of Digital Science’s new products and services that will form part of the new strategy will be announced later in 2023. After seeing consecutive years of substantial and industry-beating growth, these changes mark a new era for the company as it scales upwards across all of the markets it is engaged in.
About Digital Science
Digital Science is a technology company working to make research more efficient. We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open and effective. Our portfolio includes admired brands Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, ReadCube, Symplectic, IFI CLAIMS Patent Services, Overleaf, Ripeta, Writefull, OntoChem, Scismic and metaphacts. We believe that together, we can help researchers make a difference. Visit www.digital-science.com and follow @digitalsci on Twitter or on LinkedIn.
Simon Linacre, Head of Content, Brand & Press, Digital Science: Mobile: +44 7484 381477, firstname.lastname@example.org
David Ellis, Press, PR & Social Manager, Digital Science, Mobile +61 447 783 023: email@example.com