Ada Lovelace Day Live! An Evening of Inspiration #ALD15
Yesterday, across the globe celebrations were in full swing for Ada Lovelace Day, all with one aim: to increase the profile of women in STEM!
The festivities included many events around the world, however, the main event ALD Live took place at Conway Hall last night in London, organized by founder Suw Charman-Anderson. Digital Science was also a proud sponsor!
ALD Live! proved to be an entertaining evening of comedy and music suitable for all! Compèred by the hilarious Helen Arney, the night was full of science, and of course, was full of incredible women in STEM!
The speakers included:
- Suw Charman-Anderson, founder of Ada Lovelace Day
- Abigail Hutty, senior spacecraft structures engineer on Airbus’ ExoMars Rover Project
- Dr Jen Gupta, astrophysicist and science communicator
- Dr Suze Kundu, nanochemist and science presenter and writer
- Professor Elaine Chew, musician and mathematician
- Professor Uta Frith, neuroscientist
- Lucy Haken, TV producer and director
You can take a look at some of the tweets from the evening on #ALD15, but it was lots of fun with a packed audience!
— Jen Gupta (@jen_gupta) October 13, 2015
Let’s not celebrate for just one day!
Even though the main event is over, we want to continue the celebrations! So for the month of October Digital Science are running a series of blog posts where inspiring women and men in STEM are sharing their personal female role models.
Anyone can get involved and we are encouraging you all to share your role model on social media using the hashtag #MySTEMrolemodel.
Happy celebrating all!