Digital Science US Publisher Day 2016
“One of the best aspects of these events is that publishers get to engage with each other to learn more about innovation in the industry and their respective approaches. So we’re looking forward to this next opportunity to meet face-to-face and facilitate the sharing of knowledge and expertise within the publishing community,”
Nicko Goncharoff, Director of Publisher Relations
We’d love you to join us at our Publisher Day in Washington DC on Monday April 25th (the day before the STM Annual Conference).
Our fantastic line-up of speakers is now confirmed, so take a look below. We have limited availability remaining, so please do register soon.
The day will offer a mixture of presentations from Digital Science as well as some of the publishers we work with, workshops and numerous chances to network with peers.
We’ll cover the latest developments from the Digital Science portfolio companies, and will discuss some of the bigger trends and challenges in scholarly content.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Jeff Lang, American Chemical Society
- Phaedra Cress, The American Society of Cosmetic Surgery
- Wim van der Stelt, Springer Nature
- Dr. Kirk Baker, NIH Office of Portfolio Analysis
- Jean Liu, Altmetric
- John Hammersley, Overleaf
- Mark Hahnel, Figshare
- Rob McGrath, ReadCube
- Ashlea Higgs, UberResearch
- Nicko Goncharoff, Digital Science
- Simon Porter, Digital Science
Workshop topics include:
- How to survive the dizziness of disruption
- Who’s really at the center of your ecosystem and what do they need?
- How to use data to understand your market and what to do about it
Feedback from our previous events has been really positive:
“Hearing the product roadmaps was very helpful and being able to talk with other publishers about their challenges and opportunities was great.”
“We all have exciting ideas which are better shared and the day helped breed some of these.”
The day will run from 9am – 5pm with a drinks reception afterwards, so please book early as we have limited availability remaining!