Digital Science Spotlight: Are You Open?
Join us on Tuesday 16th August for a free evening event just before the VIVO 2016 conference kicks off, to discuss the latest issues around open access at universities and beyond.
Come along to the same venue as Vivo from 6.30-9pm to enjoy some, wine beer and snacks!
You’ll hear about:
- The outcomes of having an open access infrastructure in place at universities – what are the key benefits?
- Global policies and infrastructures around supporting open access policies
- Issues that universities face e.g. creating academic workflows, funder reporting and how universities approach these issues
- What is the role of the publisher
- A look towards the future of open access and technologies
Panel debate from:
- Julia Hawks, Symplectic (Moderator)
- Andrew Johnson, University of Colorado Boulder
- Kristi Holmes, Northwestern University
- Mike Conlon, VIVO Project Director at Duraspace
- Simon Porter, Digital Science
- Mark Hahnel, Figshare
- Daniel Hook, Managing Director of Digital Science
There will then be a Q&A debate afterwards.
We’ll be using #DSspotlightOpen to share information on the event!