The Most Discussed and Shared Academic Research of 2015! #AltmetricTop100
Christmas has come early as Altmetric release their Top 100 list – the most discussed and shared academic research of 2015!
Follow online using #AltmetricTop100
To unwrap the list, Altmetric have also released a brand new website hosting all of the data!
You can filter via institution, journal, geographies and categories. Plus you can see which research was behind paywalls and what’s open access. You can also view institutional affiliation data via a useful interactive map.
Recreating Van Gogh’s masterpieces, risky Christmas gifts, plastic pollution in our oceans, and the return of the autism debate are all covered in the top academic research of the year.
And, the most popular paper of the year detailed the discovery of a new antibiotic that inhibits the growth of a range of drug-resistant bacteria, offering hope for efforts aimed at combatting antibiotic resistance which has seen a raft of media attention.
Here are the top ten papers – but do continue through to site to get to the Top 100 – it’s certainly a present to take your time over.
The Altmetric Top 10
- A new antibiotic kills pathogens without detectable resistance
- Autism Occurrence by MMR Vaccine Status Among US Children With Older Siblings With and Without Autism
- Accelerated modern human–induced species losses: Entering the sixth mass extinction
- Cancer etiology. Variation in cancer risk among tissues can be explained by the number of stem cell divisions
- Estimating the reproducibility of psychological science
- Plastic Pollution in the World’s Oceans: More than 5 Trillion Plastic Pieces Weighing over 250,000 Tons Afloat at Sea
- The geographical distribution of fossil fuels unused when limiting global warming to 2 °C
- An Efficiency Comparison of Document Preparation Systems Used in Academic Research and Development
- A Neural Algorithm of Artistic Style
- The Negative Association between Religiousness and Children’s Altruism across the World
View the full list at: www.altmetric.com/top100.